::::今日一词
Offend (v.) 冒犯
A: Why doesn't Sally talk to you anymore?
莎莉怎么都不跟你说话了?
B: I think I offended her with a joke I made.
我想是我的玩笑冒犯到了她。
::::新闻英语
Sharon, with promise to end turmoil, heavily favored in Israel's election
Ariel Sharon, pledging to halt months of violence and take a tough line with the Palestinians, appeared headed to a sweeping victory in Tuesday's election against Prime Minister Ehud Barak, who staked his job to a peace treaty he has been unable to deliver.
以色列大选沙龙大胜 誓言停止动乱
矢言要停止数月以来的暴力冲突和对巴人采强硬立场的沙龙在星期二的选举中以压倒性的优势击败巴拉克。巴拉克将他的政治生涯押在和巴勒斯坦的和平协议上,但却为以色列的安全带来威胁。
Wahid wins breather in impeachment initiatives impeachment
Indonesia's floundering President Abdurrahman Wahid on Tuesday appeared to stave off a push to bring forward an impeachment hearing after the country's two main parties rejected the move.
瓦西德暂从弹劾案中喘息
在印尼主要两大党拒绝弹劾行动后,总统瓦西德暂时避开可能举行的弹劾公听会。
::::每日必读
I'm easy to please『使……高兴;讨……喜欢』. (我很容易取悦/很好相处。)
【相关句子】
*He always tries to please everybody.
(他常想讨每一个人喜欢。)
*He is hard to please.
(他是难以取悦的。)
::::每日一讲
no ifs or buts(no excuses)不要再如果可是了
A: I know the proposal is urgent. But I'm kind of busy right now.
我知道这个企划案很急,可是我现在很忙。
B: No ifs or buts this time, please. I need it NOW!
拜托不要再说可是,我现在就要!
:::::::::::::天天英语 精品学习报::::::::::::: |
